Saturday, December 13, 2014

6 Renter Friendly Wall Covering Ideas


My husband and I have lived in our apartment for almost two years now and I've always felt constricted in my decorating options because I can't paint the walls. We are now planning on moving to a new apartment in the spring with (hopefully) more space and I wanted to do a total revamp of the d├ęcor. After doing some Pinterest surfing, I realized that there are options out there for us renters to style up the walls besides just hanging up pictures (although wall art is highly effective). I highlighted the best options I came across below. I'm so excited to use these ideas when we move to our new home!

1. Temporary Wallpaper

Temporary Wallpaper can be quite expensive from what I've gathered but it is re-usable and highly effective. It is better to decorate a smaller area or have an accent wall to minimize cost. I love the moroccan style in this blue wallpaper which is right on trend. You can get this exact style at the Livettes Etsy Shop.

2. Peel-and-stick Backsplash Tiles

This is a brilliant idea that I would have never thought of before. Backsplash gives your kitchen a much more expensive look and most apartments don't put anything at all except some shiny paint. These are really easy to assemble and come right off when you move. I found this gorgeous design from Home Depot. 

3. Fabric

If you want your walls to have some texture and extra dimension, there is also peel and stick fabric wallpaper. This black and white style just seemed timeless and would compliment any decor color scheme. You can find this design at the AccentWallCustoms Etsy shop.

4. Curtains

Curtains are even easier way to dress up your walls (not just your windows). I love the idea of sheer curtains to let in natural light but give your home a dainty look. All you need are some tension rods. I particularly liked how the curtains above were extended beyond the windows. 

5. Wasabi Tape

I am very new to the world of wasabi tape but I've already come up with a ton of ideas. It is so versatile and easy to use and since it's really popular, there are just endless designs out there for you to choose from. It works just as well as temporary wallpaper in order to add designs to any of your walls. It also comes in larger sizes for more dramatic designs or more wall coverage. 

6. Wall Stickers or Decals

Just like wasabi tape, wall decals are great for adding some design to your walls. They work best if you have a shape in mind that you want to use a pattern such as the gold polka dots above. I found these wall decals from Etsy as well. 

 Another unique idea I found was to use fabric and starch to attach fabric to the wall. It could be cheaper option than the temporary wallpaper or peel and stick fabric wallpaper.  Let me know if you liked these ideas or have tried any yourself in your rented home!

Until next time. <3



7 comments:

  1. these are all great ideas, love the wall sticker decals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those!! I can't wait until I'm not renting with one-year leases so that I can go crazy with painting & stuff like this!!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can definitely try these options in your rented home. They come right off so you can take them to any apartment you go to! I'm a renter too and I can't wait to try some of these ideas at least until I buy a house and can use paint as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, those ideas are so cute! Especially love the gold dots! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I would love to follow each other. I'll find you on GFC and bloglovin. Thanks so much for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  4. Nice! you are sharing such helpful and easy to understandable blog in decoration. i have no words for say i just say thanks because it is helpful for me. krishna decors Dwarka

    ReplyDelete