I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It's getting really cold so I tend to stay indoors but that also means more free time for DIY projects! I was inspired by Pinterest this week (along with every other week) and wanted to try this really easy and cheap DIY wall art. The total cost was only $10! Can't beat that! Most of the items needed can be found at the dollar store.
Three 300 Count Gold Thumb Tacks
Large Foam Board
1. Remove the glass, cardboard backing, and paper from one of the frames and place the backing on the foam board.
2. Trace the outline of the backing onto the foam board.
3. Using your utility knife, cut out the rectangular piece of the foam board.
4. Using your pencil, outline the shape of an L. Use your ruler to make straight lines.
5. Using the thumbtacks, outline the shape of the L following the pencil lines.
6. Fill in the rest of the interior space using the thumbtacks.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 3.
8. Start by making a small heart in the center of foam board.
9. Build on that heart to the size you desire.
10. Repeat steps 1 through 7 for the V and E.
11. Insert the foam board into the frames and display them anywhere you need a little love!
I chose to hang my display above the bed since that area was just a void space. It turned out really nice and stylish. You can change up this DIY by making different words or just making one large wall art piece.
Until next time. <3