So sharpie mugs are definitely nothing new to the crafting and Pinterest world but most people don't know the secret to making them actually work: Oil based Sharpies! I know you probably think I just made that up but they actually exist. I searched high and low and found them! Ten minutes away from my apartment at Home Depot, haha. They are relatively inexpensive and pretty much the best way to make the sharpie image last on your mug.
Oil Based Sharpies
1. Clean off the surface of your mug and let it dry.
2. Using your sharpies, write your name or quote. Try to center it on the top half of the cup. Bake the cup for 30 min in the oven to cure the ink.
3. Tape a line across the center of the mug.
4. Spray the spray adhesive on the bottom of the mug in sections. Pour a generous amount of glitter quickly on each section.
5. Peel off the tape and enjoy your decorative mug.
I absolutely love my decorative mug! Its great for decoration and the oil-based sharpies ensure that they are completely resistant to being washed off.
Until next time. <3