Lately I've been eyeing quite a bit of office supplies as I plan out my new instagram and pinterest inspired desk area in my soon-to-be new apartment. My favorite's include Kate Spade office supplies but I can't see myself paying $40 for office storage boxes even if they are really cute with gold trim. Instead, I turned back to my DIY roots and remembered the endless number of shoeboxes I have in my closet (most with unworn shoes I must admit). So alas my latest project has unfolded and turned out quite cute if I do say so myself.
1. Measure the width and length of the bottom piece of your shoebox. You can also try to center your shoebox on the paper and eyeball a large piece to cut out.
2. Center the shoebox on the piece of wrapping paper and draw three lines at each edge. The first two lines will be from the corner of the shoebox to the edge of the wrapping paper.
3. For the third line, measure 2 inches from the vertical line. Create these lines for all four sides and cut out your wrapping paper according to the picture below.
4. Start by wrapping the front and back of the shoebox and bending the wrapping paper at the line where the flap was created.
5. Cut a slit at all four upper corners of the wrapping paper where the excess is.
6. Fold the excess over the the edges and tape them down. Make sure to smooth out the paper and wrap tightly for a more finished look.
7. Fold the remaining wrapping paper over the sides of the shoebox.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 for the lid.
You can use these new organizers for your office or closet. I chose to make one for each type of accessory I own in my closet!
Until next time. <3